Saturday, November 29, 2008
* Do you think you’ll have a real ministry someday?
* When I was growing up in church we didn’t need to have fun.
* What do you do with all that money the board gives you?
* You’re disturbing the MAIN service.
* Choir members shouldn’t have to work in the nursery.
* How come VBS is only five days long?
* You don’t mind taking care of the children during the staff retreat do you?
* I don’t think anyone will mind if we add another worship service.
* Just announce it in the bulletin if you need more workers.
* I’ll bet you enjoy this as much as the kids do.
* My kid says you won’t even last as long as the last one.
* I told the pastor what happened in children’s church.
* Who’s Larry the Cucumber?
* But I’ve been teaching the class this way for over forty years.
* I like the Quarterly better.
* After church lets out I need to talk to someone, just keep my kids in children’s church for a while until I get back.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
because of what we do as Children pastors we sometimes forget that God loves us the same way we tell people that God loves them.
during my planning time for Sunday I found a envelope in the offering bucket that was sealed and had a little heart on it, there was a drawing inside that said I love you God
its awesome to see how kids grasp that God loves them more than adults and even us
Thursday, November 13, 2008
1. You've ever contemplated breaking into your own church in the dead of night so you can delete the comic sans, Papyrus and Curlz fonts from staff computers.
2. You've ever used a cross instead of the letter T or X.
3. You've explained DPI more times than you've explained your faith.
4. Redesigning the church logo is a weekly project, yet your new design is never used.
5. The words "Don't worry, this will only take a minute," send you into fits of rage.
6. Staff members try to make your job easier by asking you to send them last year's flier and they'll just 'update it a bit.'
7. Your suggestions are always brushed aside with, "but that's how we've always done it."
8. The design they had to have tomorrow is never used. And you're never surprised.
9. Stolen images, pirated software and breaking copyrights is justified because it's "God's Work."
10. You've ever wondered why God gets the credit when things go right, but you get the blame when things go wrong.
11. You've ever caught yourself proofreading the Powerpoint slides during worship.
12. You consider yourself bilingual because you're so adept at translating Christianese.
13. Your only intimate relationship involves late Saturday nights with the church photocopier.
14. You can't actually attend the events and programs you work to promote because you're too busy promoting them.
15. Research for sermon series branding means watching tv.
16. You can't invite your friends to church because you've told them to many not-so-flattering stories about your pastor.
17. You and the senior pastor have conflicting definitions of the word "deadline."
18. It's perfectly acceptable to use a volunteer's work over yours, but using a volunteer's sermon? That's a good joke.
19. Pastors inevitably become your Art Director, and their previous experience with "art" involved crayons.
20. The Holy Spirit is a legitimate excuse for last-minute changes.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
1) Know that you are called by God to do the task that you are doing or are about to do.
2) stay connected with other pastors that have the same passion
3) Stay away form people that are negative - there are already things pulling you down don't look for more
4) find your calling in the Bible and water that seed that you feel inside of you
5) I should of put this one in number 2 know yourself ( Know your weaknesses )
6) don't stop what is working work on what is not working first
7) challenge your self to be creative with everything that you do (find different ways to explaining you lesson ) get out of your comfort zone
8) stay connected with your pastor (bug him for his time) if you don't ask you will never get
9) read, read, read and when you are done read leadership books
10) because of our ministry we are usually out of church on Sundays listen to Cd's or podcast every week you need to eat
this are some of the things that has helped me stay in ministry for 14 years
take a look at them and see if any apply to you
Monday, October 6, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
I am going to use this this weekend in kids church
" You need to be broken in the inside to glow in the outside"
some of the most profound time in my life are like this, sitting in my office doing nothing and wamu something drops from God.
Monday, September 29, 2008
I did an object lesson in kids church with a rubber chicken about how God takes the chicken out of you. I hid a rubber chicken in my shirt and pulled it out when I was talking about sin, I also had a small rubber chicken and talked about the small chickens that we need to deal with.
during the service a had a great idea about having a weekly video with the chicken visiting kids in the church.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
1) Am I doing this because it's scriptural or learned behavior?
2) Am I doing this because it has to do with the culture?
3) Is this a conviction given by legalistic teaching or is it a Holy Spirit inspired direction
4) Do I believe in what I am teaching (don't get scared I do) ?
5) Is this choice going to really make God angry at me?
Asking myself this questions has dissolve the fog that surrounds the myth of legalism.
In this walk I found out that God loves his kids and he wants to spent time with us and by us putting an assortment of man made rules its us that don't want him to invade our private space.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
What are his feelings when he looks at me?
What are his emotions when he sees me doing something wrong?
does he see himself in us and it brings a smile to his face?
If he was interviewed about our relationship with him what would he say?
when we can't sleep is watching over us ?
does he sing? what does it sound like?
if you took his picture would it look like one of us?
what would his anger look like?
what is his favorite type of music?
how would his hug fell like?
I have asked him this questions would you?
Monday, September 1, 2008
*I hear you really enjoy Kool-Aid and Graham Crackers!
*Don't you want to be an example of a servant in front of your child?
*Let me get this mirror, so you can see yourself in our children's department.
*How do you spell your name? I want to make sure I have it spelled correctly on the class room door.
*Do you want YOUR children to be blessed? It's the Biblical principle of you reap what you sow.
*We would like you to come and evaluate you child's class next week.
*You look a lot like my next volunteer.
*Now that you are a new member I would like to give you the opportunity to get involved.
*Do you like piñata parties & getting caught in the rain?
*Have you ever considered making a difference in the life of a child?
*Is your name Rose? 'Cause you'd look great planted in our children's ministry.
*you spare 10 minutes every eight weeks for the kids? That's only 6 times (onehour) a year.
*As I watch you I know you love kids and value them just like I do. I'd love to have you on my team.
*I see how the kids look at you and smile, that is because you have a calling and an anointing given to you by the Lord God almighty and you need to use your gift. Here *is a bucket of Gator Snot please follow me.
*Is your name "Grace," 'cause you sure are amazing?
*I have got something awesome to show you in my office. I always have cool gadgets and fun and exciting things in my office and that draws even the adults in! Once they are in my office, the "ministry opportunities" are so evident to them!
*I'm looking for people who are willing to invest some time with 6-8 kids to forever change their lives. Would you be willing to come upstairs Sunday Morning to just see what we are doing?
*If you help in kids ministry I'll give you candy!
Saturday, August 30, 2008
and God told me to go back and work with kids I did not understand why he would ask me that, now I understand from a strategic point of view it makes more since. that if we can guide boys and girls to become God followers the impact would be much greater.
my prayer is: God show me how to be more effective for you let creativity flow in my life. ( I did some work for AP and the Seminole Herold one of my famorite things to do is to take infrared pics )
Friday, August 29, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Many of us a confused about fear we pray for it to pass us but we pay people in theme parks to taste fear
could it be that fear is a two part adventure that the first part is scary but the second part is fun
that when we encounter fear or a situation that involves fear we are scared at first but we look forward to it because it allows our adrenaline to flow and than it becomes fun.
lets look at it form a brighter point of view - We need to change the way we look at difficulty instead of running away we would fight and than have fun rejoicing in the victory and if we loose the battle we can rejoice in deplaning and developing na new strategy.
stories in life are worth telling if they have adventure inside of them live life to the fullest enjoy it you only have one - Milton
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
I was thinking of a quote that would represent the way i think about creativity
this is what I came up with
creativity gives wings to a normal thought-me
I think when you put a creative twist on things it make that one thought that seems with no life wake up and fly and reach what it was meant to do.
some of the goals that I am setting for my self are that every idea, plan or event I am going to shower it with Creativity that might mean finding different ways to do one thing.
let creativity fly
Monday, August 25, 2008
I am part of a network of children pastors online www.cmoconnect.com
they are the most creative CM in their field one of them posted a picture that I think its probably the funniest pic Ive seen in a long time
(creativity gives wings to a normal thought - Milton)
todays kids church service was great kids appeared to have enjoyed themselves the highlight of the day was the shaving of my hair about two weeks ago I challenge the kids that if they would reach aver 50 kids I would shave my hair, they took it seriously and today we had 65 in kids church it was great.
check out this pic
Friday, August 22, 2008
use the add on in firefox than download WM converter than convert to an mp4
that's quick time file or if you need a windows media file change the settings on the WM converter.
I know for some of you this might not mean much but for the few of us that enjoy the challenge of converting and deciphering technical enigmas its exiting
Monday, August 18, 2008
In Sunday School they told us what You do. Who does it when You are on vacation? - Jane
I think about You sometimes even when I'm not praying. - Elliot
Did You really mean "do unto others as they do unto you?" Because if you did, then I'm going to fix my brother. - Darla
I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset you made on Tuesday. That was cool! - Eugene
I read the Bible. What does "begat" mean? Nobody will tell me. - Allison
Are you really invisible or is that a trick? - Lucy
Is it true my father won't get in Heaven if he uses his bowling words in the house? - Anita
Did you mean for the giraffe to look like that or was it an accident? - Norma
Instead of letting people die and having to make new ones, why don't You just keep the ones You have now? - Cindy
Who draws the lines around countries? - Nan
The bad people laughed at Noah - "You made an ark on dry land you fool". But he was smart, he stuck with You. That's what I would do. - Edward
I went to this wedding and they kissed right in church. Is that okay? - Neil
What does it mean You are a Jealous God? I thought You had everything. - Robert
Thank You for the baby brother, but what I prayed for was a puppy. - Joyce
Why is Sunday School on Sunday? I thought it was supposed to be our day of rest. - Tom
Please send me a pony. I never asked for anything before, You can look it up. - Bruce
If we come back as something - please don't let me be Jennifer Horton because I hate her. - Denise
My brother is a rat. You should give him a tail. Ha ha. - Danny
Maybe Cain and Abel would not kill each other so much if they had their own rooms. It works with my brother. - Larry
I want to be just like my Daddy when I get big but not with so much hair all over. - Sam
You don't have to worry about me. I always look both ways. - Dean
I bet it is very hard for You to love all of everybody in the whole world. There are only 4 people in our family and I can never do it. - Brad
Of all the people who work for You, I like Noah and David the best. - Ron
My brother told me about being born but it doesn't sound right. They're just kidding, aren't they? - Marsha
If You watch me in Church Sunday. I'll show You my new shoes. - Mickey
I would like to live 900 years like the guy in the Bible. - Chris
We read Thomas Edison made light. But in Sunday school they said You did it. So, I bet he stole Your idea. - Donna
I do not think anybody could be a better God. Well, I just want You to know that. I am not just saying that because You are God already. - Charles
It rained for our whole vacation and is my father mad! He said some things about You that people are not supposed to say, but I hope You will not hurt him anyway. Your friend (but I am not going to tell You who I am)
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
I worked until 2pm but it was worth it check it out.
About the leadership meeting it went well good response
I think the outcome was good people got the vision that God gave me a few months ago about reaching a generation for God and how its not an option but a responsibility.
Friday, July 25, 2008
tomorrow is the vision casting meeting like usual I am a little anxious, yes I know the bible says not be anxious for nothing I don't think it was talking about this kind of anxiety.
I am going to try to blog after the leadership meeting tomrrow
Ladies and gentleman it works
Its alive ha ha ha
Thursday, July 24, 2008
The pastor (Tom as he likes to be called) he is very supportive of the kids ministry
I know that I am going to learn to be a better leader
Not knowing what God is doing next is the best thing to Know-ME
looking at some forums in kidology and I found this video
its really funny.
But the only thing that comes to mind when I think of Texas is chuck Norris Jokes
Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.
When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
Chuck Norris can do a wheelie on a unicycle
Chuck Norris once won a game of Connect Four in 3 moves.
Chuck Norris died ten years ago, but the Grim Reaper can't get up the courage to tell him.
Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.
Superman owns a pair of Chuck Norris pajamas.
Chuck Norris can hold his breathe for nine years.
Chuck Norris can sneeze with his eyes open.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
for some of you who don't really know who I am , here is my profile.
Spouse's name: Gloria
Married since: Feb. 1994
Number of children: 2
Children's names: Morgan & Nehemiah
Where were you born: Guatemala CA Grew up in Michigan
Saved since: 1983
Place of employment: Zion Church
Previous lines of work: Lead Pastor, Drug Counselor, Students Pastor, Graphic Designer
Hobbies: Kayaking, games, reading, computers, studying church growth & cell ministry models, and spending time with my family
Favorite sports team: MSU, REDWINGS
Favorite movie: "The Lord of the Rings" and the original "Star Wars" trilogy
Favorite fiction or non-fiction book: Chazown, The Leadership Game, 7 practices of effective ministry,
Favorite food: Sushi, Chinese food
Interesting fact that most wouldn't know about you or your family: we like to watch crazy movies like (Kung Fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer, Nacho Libre.
What would you hope to have written on your gravestone (your epitaph) to summarize your life's purpose? He was a friend of God
This is some trailers or clips of my favorite movies
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
* The church water fountain would dispense Kool Aid.
* Hymns would have motions.
* Nursery duty would be mandatory for all choir members.
* Ushers would pass out animal crackers.
* Puppets would staff the church welcome center.
* People being baptized would be allowed to splash.
* Greeters would wear full body costumes and do balloon sculpting.
* Every Sunday you could poke your head into the adult service and bark out, “Keep it quiet!” and they would obey.
* Church staff meetings would be held at Chuck E. Cheese.
* Adults would raise their hands during the sermon and ask the Senior Pastor for permission to go to the bathroom.
* Church boards could only say one phrase: “Go ahead, we don’t care how much it costs.”
* Puppets would come up with their own skits.
* When people got saved in the adult service the Senior Pastor would fire off a confetti cannon.
* The adult service would have to use the sound system with the high-pitched hum.
* Children’s workers that didn’t show up would be fined. At the end of the year you could use the money to go to the
Thursday, June 12, 2008
A. It is important for us to know the truth about how God feels about us, particularly when we see areas of darkness in our lives. Our hearts must be anchored in the reality of His love. We cannot love Him unless we first have the revelation that His love is toward us. It is in knowing His desire for us that we are equipped in times of weakness.
I am my beloved’s, and his desire is toward me. (Song of Solomon 7:10)
1. The devil wants us to lose sight of God’s love because he wants us to shrink back from God. Without confidence in God’s love for us, we will run away from Him instead of to Him in our weakness and brokenness.
2. When we sin, God wants us to stand before Him, ask for forgiveness, repent (turn from) our sin, and declare war on it. We declare war on sin by purposing in our heart not to give ourselves to sin in any way. We may fall in an area of sin many times, but we can still declare war on it by hating it as our enemy and determining within ourselves to love God.
3. When we turn away from sin to God, He wants us to be confident that we stand before Him as a first-class citizen in His family. We must take confidence in the fact that He has given us the gift of righteousness in which we can now walk. He wants us to have the confidence that He loves us in the same way that He loves Jesus.
4. The only way we can mature is by having the confidence that God loves us while we are growing. If we do not know He loves us in the process of maturity, we will not continue coming to Him when we stumble.
B. Weak love is not false love. Weak love is sincere, and God desires us to be confident in His delight over us while we are maturing.
1. God sees the cry of our spirit to love Him. When our heart is reaching, making determination to obey, it moves God. The longing to obey is the beginning of victory over sin.
2. Spiritual immaturity is not the same thing as rebellion, though outwardly they may appear the same. The difference is that when a sincere believer sins, they are grieved over it. When a person in rebellion sins, they are unconcerned as long as they get away with it.
C. Condemnation, also called shame or accusation, does not originate with God. Condemnation sometimes remains after we repent and tells us that who we are as a person is wrong, that everything about us is bad.
1. Shame makes us want to give up. It leaves us without hope and prompts us to run away from God instead of to Him.
2. Satan accuses us night and day, wanting us to believe that we are hopeless hypocrites that struggle to love God while the truth is that we are lovers of God who struggle with sin.
…the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night… (Revelation 12:10)
For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God–through Jesus Christ our Lord... (Rom. 7:22-25)
II. Jesus Leads us with a Cherishing Heart
...just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish... For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. (Ephesians 5:27, 29)
A. An accusatory leader points out errors and writes people off as hopeless failures. Jesus has a cherishing leadership style that sees the cry of our hearts, values it and calls it forth. He does point out areas of deficiency through the conviction of the Holy Spirit, but He does not define us primarily by our sin.
B. He washes us with the water of His word, washing our hearts from guilt and the desires to remain in sin. We are actually motivated to walk in the light when He reveals the way He feels about us. This is the way He is going to bring us to love holiness.
C. The way that God loves God is not even comprehensible. Yet, Jesus says that He loves us in the same way that the Father loves Him. Not only does Jesus love us, but the Father Himself loves us. Jesus calls us to abide, or rest in the reality of this love.
As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. (John 15:9)
…the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me… (John 16:27)
Friday, June 6, 2008
Chazown (pronounced khaw-ZONE) from the Hebrew, meaning a dream, revelation, or vision.
Its been about year that God has been dealing with me about the purpose of my life and to what I am going to dedicate all my life to. During this Journey I have discovered the some of the deep things of God for example how deep is his love for us , how much he longs to just spend time with us and how much he want to fix us and love us.
I am proud to say that I am called to be a children pastor to mentor and train kids to go into the ministry God has equip me to for the last 13 years for a time like now . I found a book during this journey that helped me .
The book was Chazown a book written by the pastor of lifechurch.tv
this would explain what the book is about :
Vision and Purpose: Dream It, Live It, Attain It
Do you wake up each day motivated by knowing exactly why you were created? Guided by intention in every step? Enter: Chazown. Hebrew for “vision,” God wants to give His for you, and this book will reveal it! Living God’s dream will rock your world and align every area of your life, from your relationships to your finances and health. Chazown is packed with storytelling graphics, in-your-face honesty, bite-sized chapterettes, step-by-step guidance, surprising self-assessments, and scarcely containable energy in a fast-paced style that will drive you forward with purpose! Craig Groeschel cowrote this book, but he’s waiting for his partner—you. Because only you can discover how the book ends and the rest of your life begins…
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
- I lost my phone number, could I have yours on this volunteer registration card?
- I hear you really enjoy Kool-Aid and Graham Crackers! Don't you want to be an example of a servant in front of your child?
- Let me get this mirror, so you can see yourself in our children's department.
- How do you spell your name? I want to make sure I have it spelled correctly on the class room door.
- Do you want YOUR children to be blessed? It's the Biblical principle of you reap what you sow.
- We would like you to come and evaluate you child's class next week.
- You look a lot like my next volunteer.
- Now that you are a new member I would like to give you the opportunity to get involved.
- Do you like piñata parties & getting caught in the rain?
- you ever considered making a difference in the life of a child?
- Is your name Rose? 'Cause you'd look great planted in our children's ministry.
- As I watch you I know you love kids and value them just like I do. I'd love to have you on my team.
- Check out this video its really cool
When I Grow Up... from Marty Taylor on Vimeo.
Monday, June 2, 2008
the more I use pc the more I understand
I fried 4 pc crashed 2 but my Imac is running like new
my prayer Lord allow my to get another mac they have too many virus and crashes
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Everything I need to know about ministry I learned while hunting prairie chickens. Okay, that is a stretch but…I did learn a significant lesson.
We are not called to change society; we are called to convert individuals. Changing society is a worthy endeavor, just not worthy enough.
I spent my early ministry years in Kansas. Rural Kansas. I pastored a church in Reece, a tiny town of forty-seven residents so far from civilization that the locals would chase coyotes across the prairie on motorcycles for entertainment. I am not making this up. Wanting to connect with the natives I went on numerous hunting excursions. One of these adventures was hunting prairie chickens.
Come to find out, prairie chickens fly. That made the objective, shooting them, much more difficult than I had considered. Given a loaded shotgun, I was told to shoot a prairie chicken as it flew over. The moment came. A flock of birds flew over. I pointed and blasted away until the gun was empty. The smoke cleared. If I hit one, he handled it well because the entire flock kept flapping their wings as if nothing happened.
I was amazed. Several hundred of these fat birds flew over the field again. I blasted away with a shotgun. (Shotguns scatter pellets, theoretically making it easy to hit stuff.) Not only did no birds come crashing to the ground, not one bird even got flustered. That made me mad. I tried again with the same results. I blasted away into the flock thinking at least ten to fifteen birds would drop from the sky. Nothing. My hunting partners then told me the problem.
“Roger, you can’t shoot the whole flock,” they said. “Pick out one bird and shoot that one.” When they fired their shotguns into the air a prairie chicken always fell. When I shot, the flock kept going in the same direction. Targeting one worked better than blasting away at the whole flock.
Ministry is the same. I have been doing this long enough to say that you are not going to save the world or even change the world. The target is too big and in the end you won’t change anything or anybody. But you can have a significant impact in the world when you reach people one at a time. And the only way to do that is through the gospel’s message of God’s free gift of life through faith in Jesus.
The power of the gospel is for the “whosoever,” the individual, not society. Changing social structures can help people improve economically but will do nothing to bring life to a dead human heart. Jesus didn’t come to raise the minimum wage or even make society behave. He came to put His life inside of us, one person at a time.
For me, the parable of the lost sheep settles this (Luke 15:1-7). The shepherd left ninety-nine sheep and took off looking for one lost sheep. Jesus said that bringing one lost sheep home takes priority over caring for the rest of the flock. Bringing one person into the family of God is more important than raising the quality of life for the rest.
You can share the gospel to a group or one-on-one, but people respond as individuals, one at a time. Societies rarely change for the better, individuals can and do.
And that is how you hunt prairie chickens
Friday, May 30, 2008
I am originally from Guatemala (revival is sweeping the nation)
being in the us for most of my life I have become not just a bilingual person but a multicultural person. Its not enough to know languages but you have to understand their way of thinking.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Thinking about what God has done in our past helps us know that he has allways been taking care of us. Check out this link its to an article that the paper wrote about the church I was pastoring in Beaufort SC. Article
this a video of our kids church extreme kids
they are awesome
Friday, May 23, 2008
the word that best describes me is REVOLUTION
my goal in life is to start a spiritual revolution with kids
1) They would become totally sold out to God
2) For them to become empowered with the Holy Spirit and walk in power
3) To walk in authority
I would like to fallow the example of the biggest revolutionary in the world Jesus He took 12 man and turn the world upside down he was able to penetrate even the deepest part of the world his name commands authority just by saying his name demons run, diseases disappears
his words still have power today the same way they did over 2000 years ago -Milton
I want to be a revolutionary
“We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.”
“Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and never succeed. (Proverbs 12:24)”
Thursday, May 22, 2008
During a service in Columbia SC God really spoke to me about spending time with my son
and to take the time to disciple him in the ways of God.
I challenge some of you to take the time with your kids even if its just to be goofy like we did with this video, afterwards he hugged me and told me thank you for taking time to make him a video he called it (our memories)
1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith. Lay hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you confessed the good confession in the sight of many witnesses
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose. ~Woody Allen
Even if there is nothing to laugh about, laugh on credit. ~Author Unknown
Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
Laughter is an instant vacation.
Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on.
A man isn't poor if he can still laugh
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Galadriel:The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was, is lost, for none now live who remember it.
I love that quote
Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.
Being the a kids pastor some of the things that you always have to pray an ask God about is the direction that God is moving.
looking at kids program at this time we use kidmo its a great program but I think God wants us to go DEEPER. Our church is a full Gospel church we have great worship some of the songs are by Hillsong a great A/G church in Australia they put together a program called BIG its cool and most of it all it teaches sound doctrine the same one we teach here in our church. the worship is out of this world its BIG
Monday, May 19, 2008
I feel like reaching for the big one (God)
this is the word of today for me
Momentum: force or speed of movement; impetus, as of a physical object or course of events: The car gained momentum going downhill
I believe that God wants us to gain momentum in him and what we do for him.
During the time I played football one of my favorite things to do was to gain (speed) momentum before I would hit the other player and plow them down
in the same way I know that if we gain speed with God most of the obstacle's we face in life would get plowed down.
Today I am ready to go for the big one
check out this joke: A group of friends went deer hunting and paired off in two's for the day. That night one of the hunters returned alone, staggering under an eight point buck."Where's Harry?" "Harry had a stroke of some kind. He's a couple of miles back up the trail." "You left Harry laying there, and carried the deer back?" "A tough call," nodded the hunter, "but I figured no one is going to steal Harry."
“Good actions give strength to ourselves and inspire good actions in others.”
“An unfortunate thing about this world is that the good habits are much easier to give up than the bad ones.”
Saturday, May 17, 2008
what did I mean about THE HIDDEN JEWEL- its about my journey that I am looking for God and I realize that he is not that far away , Its not that I don't know him but I want to know him better.
This is a thought ( That he is not far away but we get distracted by life and sometimes he is even speaking to us but stuff gets in the way so he is speaking he is working in our lives he is doing miracles )
could it be that we have turn away from him
like I said its just a thought --- check out my videos on
one of the things that is growing inside of me is the hunger to be close to God
its seems that he is calling me to a new level
looking for some new worship music I came across Rick Pino the dood is awesome has a song called daddy it shook my world
the mane part of the song goes like this ( when I am with my daddy innocence is restored)
I KNOW THAT GOD IS UP TO SOMETHING
* It takes a long time to grow an old friend.
* It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good, too, to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.
* You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
Many of life's failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.