Monday, September 1, 2008

pick up lines revisited

*I lost my phone number, could I have yours on this volunteer registration card?
*I hear you really enjoy Kool-Aid and Graham Crackers!
*Don't you want to be an example of a servant in front of your child?
*Let me get this mirror, so you can see yourself in our children's department.
*How do you spell your name? I want to make sure I have it spelled correctly on the class room door.
*Do you want YOUR children to be blessed? It's the Biblical principle of you reap what you sow.
*We would like you to come and evaluate you child's class next week.
*You look a lot like my next volunteer.
*Now that you are a new member I would like to give you the opportunity to get involved.
*Do you like piƱata parties & getting caught in the rain?
*Have you ever considered making a difference in the life of a child?
*Is your name Rose? 'Cause you'd look great planted in our children's ministry.
*you spare 10 minutes every eight weeks for the kids? That's only 6 times (onehour) a year.
*As I watch you I know you love kids and value them just like I do. I'd love to have you on my team.
*I see how the kids look at you and smile, that is because you have a calling and an anointing given to you by the Lord God almighty and you need to use your gift. Here *is a bucket of Gator Snot please follow me.
*Is your name "Grace," 'cause you sure are amazing?
*I have got something awesome to show you in my office. I always have cool gadgets and fun and exciting things in my office and that draws even the adults in! Once they are in my office, the "ministry opportunities" are so evident to them!
*I'm looking for people who are willing to invest some time with 6-8 kids to forever change their lives. Would you be willing to come upstairs Sunday Morning to just see what we are doing?
*If you help in kids ministry I'll give you candy!

No comments:

Top 10 leadership tips

Know the work.  Your ability to lead your team effectively will be correlative to your knowledge of their tasks and workload. Take time...