Monday, May 19, 2008

Going after the big One

Today is a good day:
I feel like reaching for the big one (God)
this is the word of today for me
Momentum: force or speed of movement; impetus, as of a physical object or course of events: The car gained momentum going downhill
I believe that God wants us to gain momentum in him and what we do for him.
During the time I played football one of my favorite things to do was to gain (speed) momentum before I would hit the other player and plow them down
in the same way I know that if we gain speed with God most of the obstacle's we face in life would get plowed down.
Today I am ready to go for the big one

check out this joke: A group of friends went deer hunting and paired off in two's for the day. That night one of the hunters returned alone, staggering under an eight point buck."Where's Harry?" "Harry had a stroke of some kind. He's a couple of miles back up the trail." "You left Harry laying there, and carried the deer back?" "A tough call," nodded the hunter, "but I figured no one is going to steal Harry."

“Good actions give strength to ourselves and inspire good actions in others.”
“An unfortunate thing about this world is that the good habits are much easier to give up than the bad ones.”

No comments:

Top 10 leadership tips

Know the work.  Your ability to lead your team effectively will be correlative to your knowledge of their tasks and workload. Take time...